Organizer subscriptions renew automatically. To prevent your subscription from automatically renewing, you’ll need to cancel your subscription from your subscription page. Your subscription will remain active until the end of your billing cycle.
Meetup Pro admins should follow these different steps.
Canceling your subscription
Desktop and mobile web instructions
- Go to your Organizer Subscription page.
- Click Cancel subscription.
- On the next page, click Cancel my subscription.
- Submit the request for cancelation.
Android app instructions
- Tap Profile.
- Tap the three dots.
- Select Account settings from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and tap Organizer Subscription.
- Tap Cancel Subscription, then confirm by clicking Yes.
iOS app instructions
If you started your subscription on the iOS app, you’ll need to log into the App Store to cancel auto-renewal. Click here to contact the iOS App Store.
- You’ll be prompted to log in using your Apple ID.
- Check your list of in-app subscriptions.
- Select "Meetup."
- On this page, you can manage your subscription settings for Meetup.
What happens to my groups when my subscription expires?
If you cancel your subscription, it will enter a two-week grace period at the end of your billing cycle. During this time, you can step down and nominate a new organizer. When your grace period ends, you'll be automatically stepped down as the organizer of your groups.
Once your subscription expires, we’ll notify your group's leadership members of your departure and invite them to step up as the new organizer. After that, we’ll extend the invitation to all group members. Your group will stay active under its new organizer or, if no one volunteers, it will automatically close. You can also choose to step down close your group permanently.