To close a Meetup group you must log in from a desktop computer.
When an organizer closes a group, everything about the group is permanently removed from Meetup, including photos, discussions, and the list of members. We encourage you to let your members know if you intend to close your group to give everyone time to save any photos or reach out to other members.
We encourage organizers to consider handing over ownership of their group to another member so the community they’ve created can continue to flourish. If you do decide to delete your group, the information below will guide you through the process.
Deleting a Meetup group
- From your Meetup group's page, select Manage group then Step down as organizer.
- De-select any members that are selected on the following page and click Skip
- Select a reason on the following page and click Next, then Continue.
- Linked in the paragraph of text under "Are you sure?" select the text delete the Meetup.
- Confirm with the Delete this Meetup button on the following page.
- Select Done.