Organizer subscriptions renew automatically. To prevent your subscription from automatically renewing, you’ll need to cancel your subscription from your subscription page. Your subscription will remain active until the end of your billing cycle.
Meetup Pro admins should follow these different steps.
Canceling your subscription
Desktop and mobile web instructions
- Go to your Organizer Subscription page.
- Click Cancel subscription.
- On the next page, click Cancel my subscription at the bottom of the page.
- Select the reason for cancelation, then click Start chat.
A support specialist will assist with your subscription or account concerns. Click the three dot (...) icon in the bottom right corner of your chat window to email a transcript, edit your contact details, or end the chat.
iOS & Android apps instructions
If you started your subscription on the Apple or Android apps, follow these steps:
- Tap your profile icon in the top right corner and open your Account Settings.
- Tap Organizer subscription.
- Tap Cancel subscription.
- Follow the cancelation flow to answer some questions. Select Cancel subscription and tap the red Proceed to cancel button.
What happens to my groups when my subscription expires?
If you cancel your subscription, it will enter a thirty-day grace period at the end of your billing cycle. During this time, you can step down and nominate a new organizer. When your grace period ends, you'll be automatically stepped down as the organizer of your groups.
Once your subscription expires, we’ll notify your group's leadership members of your departure and invite them to step up as the new organizer. After that, we’ll extend the invitation to all group members. Your group will stay active under its new organizer or, if no one volunteers, it will automatically close. You can also choose to step down or close your group permanently.