Meetup offers an integrated experience in the event scheduler, so you can create online events with Zoom.
The first time you add a Zoom meeting to your online event, you will be prompted to install the Zoom app. Follow these steps to integrate Zoom with your Meetup account.
- From your group homepage, click Schedule.
- As you fill out the event scheduler form, click the checkbox for "Make this an online event."
- Click Connect to Zoom to authorize the installation.
You can use the integrated Zoom app in Meetup for the following purposes:
- Creating an online event with Zoom on Meetup. You must already have a Zoom account.
- Creating a recurring online event with Zoom on Meetup. You must already have a Zoom account.
- Canceling an online event with Zoom on Meetup.
If you'd like to remove the Zoom icon from your Meetup event scheduler, follow these steps:
- Log into your Zoom account.
- Click Advanced, then navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- On the top right of the page, click Manage.
- On the left side of the page, click Added Apps or search for the Meetup app.
- Click the Meetup app, then click Remove.
If you're still experiencing trouble with using Zoom on Meetup, you may contact Meetup support anytime by submitting a request through our Help Center form.