Waitlists are automatically enabled for events that have a set attendee limit and do not have a mandatory event fee. If an event with an attendee limit charges an offline event fee, a waitlist will be enabled.
If spots open up, members are automatically RSVPed to the event in the order that they joined the waitlist. Members will receive a notification if they are moved from the waitlist to ‘attending’.
If a member has RSVPed with guests, they will be skipped on the Waitlist until enough spots open up for both the member and their guests.
In order to avoid complications caused by automatically charging members' credit cards when they are moved from a waitlist to ‘attending’, it is not possible to set up a waitlist for events that are charging an event fee.
If a spot opens up for an event with a mandatory fee, organizers can let members know that a spot has become available by using the Email Members tool.
In order to enable a waitlist for an event, you’ll need to set an RSVP limit.
Desktop and mobile web
- Create a new event or edit an existing event.
- Scroll down to the "Optional Settings" section.
- Using the "attendee limit" toggle, set your attendee limit.
- Save your event by clicking Publish.
Organizer App for iOS/Android
- Tap on the upcoming event you’d like to set an RSVP for.
- Tap Manage event then tap Edit event.
- Scroll down to Optional Settings.
- Toggle your Attendee Limit on and choose your desired RSVP limit.
- Tap Save & Publish.