When an organizer closes a group, the group's information will no longer appear on Meetup. This includes photos, discussions, and the list of members. We encourage you to let your members know if you intend to close your group to give everyone time to save any photos or reach out to other members.
We encourage organizers to nominate a new organizer from their group so the community they’ve created can continue to flourish.
To close a Meetup group, you must log in from a desktop or mobile browser.
Deleting a Meetup group
- From your Meetup group's page, select Manage group then Step down as organizer.
- De-select any members that are selected on the following page and click Skip
- Select a reason on the following page and click Next, then Continue.
- Linked in the paragraph of text under "Are you sure?" select the text delete the Meetup.
- Confirm with the Delete this Meetup button on the following page.
- Select Done.