Meetup is a place for real people to gather around building real community. Meetup is not for unsolicited, promotional, irrelevant, or repetitive messages. Sending these messages doesn’t build authentic, lasting relationships between members.
We have filters in place to protect members from receiving messages that are not relevant to them.
Why did I get blocked?
- You sent similar messages to many different members. This is considered spamming. (Hint: Avoid copying and pasting and try to keep messages personal.)
- Other members reported you for sending inappropriate messages or spam.
- You sent promotional offers or deals to members.
I’m having trouble sending messages to another member.
Your messages may not be sent if you:
- Sent messages to members who are not in your Meetup groups.
- Sent messages to your Meetup group that do not relate to that Meetup group.
- Sent promotional messages. This includes promoting your Meetup group to members who are not in that Meetup group.
Members can report anyone who sends unwanted or inappropriate messages. Our filters also notify us about this type of activity. Our Community Integrity Team reviews these reports and blocks accounts that are flagged repeatedly.