By popular demand, organizers may check in their event attendees in real time using the Meetup for Organizers app. Keeping track of event attendance is a great way to understand how often your group members show up to events, and what kind of events your community prefers.
The check-in feature enables organizers and event hosts to monitor attendance immediately before or during the event. After the event has concluded, the attendee list can be used for tracking purposes.
Starting one hour before your event, tap the Event check-in prompt at the bottom of the app or on your event homepage. A green counter will show you how many hours the feature will be available.
A progress indicator at the bottom will show how many of your attendees you’ve marked.
Once you tap Event check-in, you may:
- Swipe left to mark as checked in. Swipe left again to undo.
- If an attendee RSVPs with guests, all guests are marked the same as the attendee.
- Swipe right to mark as absent.
- Search for group members to add to your list.
- Tap on a name to see check-in options, such as Mark as paid or No show.
- Filter at the top to sort Remaining, Checked-in, or Absent attendees.
- Remaining attendees can be bulk flagged as absent or checked-in.
- Absent attendees can be bulk flagged as “no show.” (See screenshot below.)
You have access to the event check-in feature up to 24 hours after your event. After this, use your attendee list to continue tracking attendance.