Meetup is required to collect Value-Added Tax (VAT) or Goods and Services Tax (GST) from non-business organizers depending on their location. Taxes are calculated based on the cost of your current subscription.
- Visit the European Commission website for more information about VAT.
- Visit the Australian Taxation Office website for more information about GST.
VAT and GST are clearly noted on your payment history when your subscription renews. You can go to the Organizer Subscription section in your settings to view your payment history, see your current plan and upcoming payments, or update your credit card information.
Businesses: Removal of VAT or GST charge
If you are using your Meetup subscription for your business, and your business is registered for VAT or GST purposes, you can submit your business name and Intra-Community VAT number / ABN using this form to remove the VAT / GST charge.
New organizers can add a VAT Number or ABN when they start a subscription.
To submit your information using the form:
- Log in to your account.
- Select Tax Inquiry from the drop-down menu.
- Select your country.
- Enter your VAT ID number or Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Enter your group name and business name.
- Click Submit.
Once we receive your information, you will receive a confirmation email.