Note: You must use the desktop web version of Meetup in order to charge an event fee.
Event fees help cover Meetup expenses and reimburse organizers for their work. Even a small event fee is a great way to boost attendance from members who RSVP.
To set an event fee for an upcoming Meetup:
- From your Meetup group’s homepage, select Create event then Create a new event.
- Under "Optional Settings" toggle Event fee.
- Choose a Method: Cash or Credit card.
- Confirm the Currency and Amount.
- Add an Additional refund policy.
Tip for Organizers in the United States: Transaction Fees
A small transaction fee is taken from the total amount an organizer in the U.S. charges per ticket. Use the following formula to determine how much you should charge in order to collect the desired amount:
Amount to charge = (Desired amount to collect + $0.50) / 0.925
For example: if you want to collect $10 from each member who RSVPs to a Meetup, you’ll will want to charge $11.35 per attendee.
More information about transaction fees can be found here:
United States: WePay transaction fees
International: PayPal transaction fees