Organizers can use PayPal to collect event fees.
Linking your PayPal account
If you’re the organizer of more than one Meetup group, you’ll need to complete these steps for each group that you organize.
Desktop / Mobile web
- If you don't have a PayPal account, visit PayPal to create an account.
- Log into your Meetup account and visit your Account Settings page.
- Select Payments received.
- Click Add PayPal account.
- Enter your PayPal email address and country, then press Next.
- Enter your PayPal password, then press Log In.
- Review the permissions, then press Agree and Connect!
If you're an organizer outside of the United States and you'd like to use PayPal to charge member dues, please submit a request to a Support Specialist.
A small transaction fee is taken from the total amount an organizer charges per ticket. Please check with PayPal to determine the exact fees for your region, then adjust your event fee accordingly.
Troubleshooting PayPal issues
If you're experiencing problems using PayPal to collect member dues or event fees, please contact PayPal Support directly.