Organizers outside of the United States can use PayPal to collect event fees.
Linking your PayPal account
If you’re the organizer of more than one Meetup group, you’ll need to complete these steps for each group that you organize.
Desktop / Mobile web
- If you don't have a PayPal account, visit PayPal to create an account.
- Log into your Meetup account and visit your Account Settings page.
- Select Payments received.
- Enter your email under the instructions "Enter the email address you use for PayPal to link your accounts."
- Click Save PayPal Information.
If you'd like to use PayPal to charge member dues, please submit a request to a Support Specialist.
A small transaction fee is taken from the total amount an organizer charges per ticket. Please check with PayPal to determine the exact fees for your region, then adjust your event fee accordingly.
Troubleshooting PayPal issues
If you're experiencing problems using PayPal to collect member dues or event fees, please contact PayPal Support directly.