Your Meetup group’s description is one of the first points of interest for potential members. Make sure the description answers these questions:
- Who should join: Describe your ideal members.
- Why they should join: To learn more? Get involved in their community? Challenge their skills?
- What members can expect out of the group: Paint a clear image of typical activities and outings members can expect from this group.
- Community: How will your group foster relationships between your members?
You want to grab a member’s attention within the first few seconds, so it’s important to keep your description brief and informative.
To edit a group's description
Desktop & Mobile Web
- From your group’s homepage, click Manage group.
- Select Edit group settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click Basics.
- Enter your new group description under "Meetup group description."
- Save to confirm.
Android & iOS Apps
- From your group’s homepage, tap the three dots button.
- Tap Group settings (this will open your Group settings page in a mobile web browser).
- Tap Basics.
- Enter your new group description under "Meetup group description".
- Tap Save to confirm.