You can customize your group's URL so members can easily identify your group. You can make your URL a combination of words, as long as the URL isn't already taken.
Note: At this time, group URLs can only be changed using a desktop or laptop computer.
To change your Meetup group's web address:
- From your Meetup group's homepage, select Manage group.
- Select Edit group settings.
- Click on Basic Information.
- Scroll to the "Where" section.
- Enter your proposed URL in the field.
- Scroll down and click Save.
Guidelines for creating a URL
- Only use letters, numbers, and dashes (no punctuation or special characters).
- Keep your web address between 6-70 characters.
- Make your URL specific to your group (purpose and location).
- Don't create one-word URLs (e.g. tech).
- Put dashes between words instead of combining them all into one word; this will help search engines find it.