Meetup brings people around the world together to do the things that matter most to them. People getting together in real life to work, play, and learn is essential to help us fulfill our mission.
We’ve created these trademark usage guidelines to help you understand how you can use Meetup’s marks, including logos and word marks. It’s important for members and the public are able to identify Meetup’s services without being confused about our association with other companies or websites.
Meetup’s trademarks and word marks should only be used as discussed in these guidelines. If you still have questions or you would like to use our trademarks in a way that is not addressed, please contact us.
A trademark is a word or symbol that identifies the products or services of a company and distinguishes them from the products and services of others. Meetup marks, including the word “Meetup,” our logos (see below), designs, slogans, and names, are registered trademarks or trademarks of Meetup, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Meetup Logos include the designs below:
- DO make proper use of the Meetup word marks. It is proper to use the word “Meetup” to make an accurate and truthful statement about, or simply to refer to, Meetup or Meetup’s products.
- DO NOT use a Meetup Logo in a way that may falsely imply a relationship with, or endorsement by, Meetup or its employees.
- DO NOT use any trademarks, service marks, designs, or logos, including domain names or social media handles, that are confusingly similar to the Meetup Marks.
- DO NOT use the term “Meetup” except to refer to the Meetup brand, which is to say, do not use the term to refer to a meeting arranged outside of the Meetup platform.
- ONLY use the term “Meetup” with the registration symbol ®. Type (r)[space] and it should appear.
- ONLY use the term “Meetup” as an adjective – not a noun. For example, instead of writing “come to our meetups,” write “come to our Meetup® events.” And instead of writing “Our meetup is full of fun people,” write “Our Meetup® group is full of fun people.”
Promoting your Meetup Group or Event
Meetup organizers and members may use a Meetup Logo in connection with a Meetup event or group, so long as you:
- DO include the Meetup group name near a Meetup Logo, and
- DO NOT alter distort or modify a Meetup Logo.
Developers Using the Meetup API
We appreciate your enthusiasm for Meetup and the work it takes to build an application or service that operates with our platform.
In order to avoid any confusion and to help ensure that you are not violating our intellectual property, please ensure that you:
- DO NOT put “Meetup” in your product name, domain name, social media handle, or your own trademark (including a logo or image). “Meetup” should only be used to refer to our company or our brand in the description when you are indicating that the app works with our site or API.
- DO make sure that your branding does not resemble any aspect of Meetup’s branding and has a look that distinguishes it from Meetup’s branding.
- DO NOT use a logo that could be confused with a Meetup Logo. Some considerations that could make your logo confusingly similar to a Meetup Logo are:
- If it includes a design element that is the same color as a Meetup Logo.
- If it includes the wordmark ”Meetup.”
- If it includes a “handwritten” font style identical or confusingly similar to the Meetup Logo.
- DO make it clear that your service was developed and is provided by you and not Meetup.
- Organizers and members must comply with our Terms of Service regarding permitted and prohibited conduct on our platform, and also the provisions regarding right to use, limited license, and indemnification.
- Developers must also agree to the Meetup API license provisions.
We reserve the right to withdraw permission to use the Meetup Marks or otherwise alter these guidelines at any time. Meetup remains the exclusive owner of all rights, title and interest in the Meetup Marks.