As an organizer, you’ve made a special commitment and contribution to the Meetup community. If you wish to permanently close your Meetup account and delete your personal information, we want to help you navigate that process and make you aware of your options regarding your groups.
You can submit a request to delete your account in the following ways:
- Contact us with your request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out the form available in this Help Center article: "Request permanent deletion of your data." You must be logged in to your Meetup account to view this article and access the form.
- Click on the “Delete account and personal information” link in your profile settings on the Meetup app. Note that this link should only be used to request permanent deletion of your Meetup account. If you have a different request (such as a request to close a group) or issue to discuss with Meetup, please submit a request to our Community Support team.
If you request to delete your account:
- Once your request is processed, your account will be permanently closed and cannot be reinstated.
- Once your request is processed, you will also be permanently removed as the organizer of your groups.
- You have two options regarding your groups: (1) You can leave your groups open, which will allow your community to continue thriving under a different organizer; or (2) You can ask us to close your groups. Please let us know which option you choose when you submit your deletion request or follow these steps before submitting your deletion request. If you don’t specify, we will reach out to ask for your instructions.
- We will wait a few days to process your request. Your request will be withdrawn if you create an event or RSVP to an event within 7 days of submitting your deletion request.
- You will need to follow a separate process to cancel your organizer subscription. This article explains how to cancel your subscription.