Member+ is a monthly subscription that allows members to customize their experience on the Meetup app. Those who subscribe to Member+ can access exciting features and benefits, some previously offered only to organizers, including:
- Exemption from service fees when RSVPing to paid events
- Full access to the "Who will be there" feature for upcoming events
- "First to Know" - receive event announcements sooner, along with organizers and event hosts!
- A distinct Member+ badge on your sitewide profile
- An ad-free experience of Meetup across all platforms
- Custom app icons for your phone's home screen
Meetup organizers get access to these same features, and can see which of their members has subscribed to Member+. Identifying these more active and engaged members helps organizers select new leadership teammates, craft new events, and expand their group.
Subscribing to Member+
To subscribe to Member+, go to your Account Settings in the Meetup app. A small subscription fee (prices vary by region) allows you to experience all of the above features through the app.
Member+ is separate from being a Meetup organizer. If you'd like to create and lead groups, cancel your Member+ subscription then start a group to activate an organizer subscription.
To cancel your Member+ subscription, follow these steps:
- In the Meetup app, open your profile.
- Tap the Settings gear in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Member+ subscription.
- Tap Manage your subscription.
- Select the option to cancel your Member+ subscription.
Changing your app icon
To select a customized Meetup app icon, follow these steps on your mobile device:
- Tap your profile photo in the upper right.
- Tap the gear icon (Account Settings).
- Select App icons.
- Choose your new Meetup app icon.