We get it: some group messages get chatty or stray onto a tangent you don’t feel like following. That’s why we give you the option to leave a group whenever you like.
Once you leave a group message, you won’t receive any further messages or notifications for that group, and the message history will no longer appear in your inbox. Keep in mind, though, that you will only be able to rejoin the message if someone from that conversation adds you back.
- From your Messages page, select the group message you want to leave
- Click on the three dots icon to the right of the participant names
- Select Leave from the menu
- Tap on the Messages icon
- Tap on the group message you’d like to leave
- Tap the three dots icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Leave