Welcome to the event chat pilot program! This pilot is intended to test a chat feature that is being built but hasn’t been released to all groups yet. Think of it like a rough draft that we want your opinion on before moving forward.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Event chat is a new way for iPhone users to communicate before, during, and after an event.
- If you’re a member of one of the groups in the pilot, please try it out and share your questions and feedback with us.
- During the first phase of the pilot, event chat is exclusive to iPhone users. Other attendees can see event chat messages as event comments.
Feel free to share both what you like about event chat and what you feel needs improvement. Your feedback is invaluable as we work to improve this feature.
How do I use the event chat feature?
Event chat is initially available for iPhone and is intended to replace event comments. It works just like sending a text message. You can use event chat to start a conversation about the event, share updates while at the event, and read important event announcements from the organizer.
Can I receive chat notifications on the app?
Yes, if you use the Meetup app, you can choose to get chat updates as a push notification to your phone instead of as an email. Learn how to turn on and customize your push notification settings.
- You can also manage your push notification settings for each of your groups from your mobile device.
- If you don’t use a mobile device, you can also update your email settings for each of your groups.
Who can see my event chat messages?
Depending on the group’s content visibility settings, event chat messages may be visible to members of your group, members of other groups, or the general public. During the pilot, event chat messages are visible as event comments to members who are not using the Meetup iPhone app.
Want to learn more in person. Join the orgaizer network and see if there is a real life Meetup happening around you. There be people who have done this before, ready to help and you can be part of something special.Join the org network