- Managing an organizer subscription
- Meetup subscription refund policy
- Updating your credit card information
- Organizer subscription pricing
- Canceling an organizer subscription
- U.S. state sales taxes collected by Meetup
- Value-Added Tax (VAT), Goods and Services Tax (GST), and Japanese Consumption Tax (JCT) collected by Meetup
- Understanding your receipt
- What if my organizer subscription expires?
You can manage your subscription from your Organizer Subscription page.
From your subscription page, you can:
- View your current plan and your next renewal date
- Change your subscription plan or billing cycle
- See your past receipts in your payment history
- Update your credit card information
- Learn how to cancel your next renewal
Managing a subscription on an Android device
If you started your subscription on the Android app, you can manage your subscription through the Google Play Store on your device.
Managing a subscription on an Apple device
If you started your subscription on the iOS app, you can manage your subscription through the App Store on your device.
Meetup only issues refunds to eligible organizers who started a subscription on Meetup’s website or through the Google Play Store. Consumer protection regulations may apply to subscribers in the European Union.
First subscription payments
Meetup will issue refunds for payments if requested within 14 days of the first charge. This does not apply to monthly subscriptions.
Meetup will issue refunds for renewal payments if requested within 30 days of the subscription’s auto-renewal. This does not apply to monthly subscriptions.
To stop your subscription from renewing automatically, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
Groups handed over to a new organizer
Meetup will provide a partial refund for the remaining months on an organizer's last subscription payment if they:
- Have stepped down as the organizer of their group and if their group has been taken over by a new organizer with an active subscription
- Have requested a refund before the end of their subscription
- Are not the organizer of any other groups at the time of the refund request
This does not apply to monthly subscriptions.
Requesting a refund for a subscription payment
To request a refund based on the criteria above, please contact us.
Apple App Store subscribers
If you've purchased a subscription through the Apple App Store, all refunds are handled by Apple and subject to Apple’s Terms of Sale. To request a refund for an App Store purchase, contact Apple Support.
Google Play subscribers
If you've purchased a subscription through the Google Play store, all refunds are handled by Google and subject to their refund policy. To request a refund for a Google Play purchase, contact Google Play support.
Meetup Pro and Plus subscriptions
Please review Meetup Pro cancellation and refund policies. Meetup Plus subscription fees are not refundable. You can request to cancel your subscription before your next payment by emailing your account manager or the email address listed in your Organizer Subscription page.
When your organizer subscription renews, we attempt to charge the card on file for your account. To keep your groups active, make sure the card on file and your billing information is up-to-date.
To update your credit card information
Desktop & Mobile Web
- From your Organizer Subscription page, click Update credit card
- On the following page, enter your new payment information
- Click Submit
If you started your subscription via the Android Meetup app, you can manage your subscription via the Google Play Store on your device.
If you started your subscription via the iOS Meetup app, you can manage your subscription via the App Store on your device.
Canceling an organizer subscription
If you want to your cancel your subscription, follow the instructions on the Canceling an organizer subscription article.
Start a group, organize events, and get connected with interested members. Meetup helps you transform common interests into genuine connections.
Learn more about the benefits of starting a group on Meetup.
Organizer subscription price breakdown
Choose between a one-, six-, and twelve-month billing cycle. Save more with a twelve- or six-month subscription by paying upfront.
Subscription pricing by country
Australia, Canada, United Kingdom & United States
United Arab Emirates
All other countries
What you can do with a Meetup subscription:
✔ Organize up to three groups with unlimited members
✔ Promote your group to our network of potential members
✔ Easily schedule events and communicate with members
✔ Appoint a leadership team to help manage your group
✔ Set membership dues and event fees to help cover costs
Meetup Pro is separate from standard Meetup subscriptions. Create an unlimited number of groups in a single network, and help your brand reach audiences through community-supported events. Meetup Pro is $30 per group per month billed every six months or $35 per group per month billed month to month. Taxes may apply.
Learn more about the price and benefits of Meetup Pro.
Organizer subscriptions renew automatically. To prevent your subscription from automatically renewing, you’ll need to cancel your subscription from your subscription page. Your subscription will remain active until the end of your billing cycle.
Meetup Pro admins should follow these different steps.
Canceling your subscription
Desktop and mobile web instructions
- Go to your Organizer Subscription page.
- Click Cancel subscription.
- On the next page, click Cancel my subscription at the bottom of the page.
- Select the reason for cancelation, then click Start chat.
A support specialist will assist with your subscription or account concerns. Click the three dot (...) icon in the bottom right corner of your chat window to email a transcript, edit your contact details, or end the chat.
iOS & Android apps instructions
If you started your subscription on the Apple or Android apps, follow these steps:
- Tap your profile icon in the top right corner and open your Account Settings.
- Tap Organizer subscription.
- Tap Cancel subscription.
- Follow the cancelation flow to answer some questions. Select Cancel subscription and tap the red Proceed to cancel button.
What happens to my groups when my subscription expires?
If you cancel your subscription, it will enter a thirty-day grace period at the end of your billing cycle. During this time, you can step down and nominate a new organizer. When your grace period ends, you'll be automatically stepped down as the organizer of your groups.
Once your subscription expires, we’ll notify your group's leadership members of your departure and invite them to step up as the new organizer. After that, we’ll extend the invitation to all group members. Your group will stay active under its new organizer or, if no one volunteers, it will automatically close. You can also choose to step down or close your group permanently.
Meetup is required to collect sales tax along with subscription payments as required by state sales tax laws. Sales tax is calculated based on the cost of your current subscription and location. Meetup relies on third-party partners to determine your jurisdiction for tax purposes. For a list of state revenue resources, click here.
View your payment information
U.S. sales taxes are clearly noted on your payment history when your subscription renews. You can go to the Organizer Subscription section in your settings to view your payment history, see your current plan and upcoming payments, or update your credit card information.
Exemptions from U.S. state sales tax
Tax-exempt organizations may submit state-issued tax exemption documents to Meetup. Please follow these instructions:
Part A: Before submitting your group and tax information, make sure your account name is in the name of your tax-exempt organization. Your account name may not be your personal name. It must be the name of the tax-exempt organization you’re affiliated with.
Part B: Please add the full name of your tax-exempt organization and today’s date to the first line of your group’s description in the following format:
This group is operated by (Tax-exempt organization) (Date).
Or, if you're a group in a Meetup Pro network, simply make sure your network administrator adds the language to the network profile. Network admins can update their network's description by going to the Settings tab in their Pro dashboard.
Tax-exempt organizations can use the tax information form to submit state-issued tax exemption documents.
To submit your information using the form:
- Open the tax information form.
- Select Tax Inquiry from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in all required information including:
- Tax exemption certificate number
- Issuing state
- Group name and organization name
- State and billing address
- Tax Exemption Certificate Number
- Billing Address
- Attach exemption forms and any supporting documentation required by your state.
- Click Submit.
You will receive a confirmation email when you submit and our tax team will review your documentation.
Meetup is required to collect Value-Added Tax (VAT), Goods and Services Tax (GST), or Japanese Consumption Tax (JCT) from non-business organizers depending on their location. Taxes are calculated based on the cost of your current subscription.
VAT, GST, and JCT are clearly noted on your payment history when your subscription renews. You can go to the Organizer Subscription section in your settings to view your payment history, see your current plan and upcoming payments, or update your credit card information.
Businesses: Removal of VAT, GST, HST, or JCT charge
Meetup subscriptions that are in the name of VAT, GST, or JCT registered businesses can remove VAT, GST, or JCT charges. To remove VAT, GST, or JCT charges on future transactions, use this form to add your VAT Number, GST Number, JCT Number, or an Australian Business Number (ABN) to your account.
To submit your information using the form:
- Log in to your account.
- Select Tax Inquiry from the drop-down menu.
- Select your country.
- Enter your VAT ID number or Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Enter your group name and business name.
- Click Submit.
Once we receive your information, you will receive a confirmation email.
New organizers can add a VAT Number, GST Number, JCT Number, or ABN to their account when they start a subscription.
More information about VAT, GST, HST, and JCT
- Visit the Australian Taxation Office website for more information about GST.
- Check your ABN formatting with the Australian Business Register's validation tool.
- The current GST rate can be confirmed by the Australian Taxation Office.
- Visit the Canadian Revenue Agency for more information about GST/HST.
- The current GST/HST rate can be confirmed by the Canadian Revenue Agency.
- What is VAT in the European Union?
- Check your VAT ID with the European Commission's validation tool.
- Meetup currently collects taxes for organizer subscriptions in the following EU countries:
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.
- The current VAT rates can be confirmed by the European Commission.
- Visit the Goods and Services Tax Council for more information about GST.
- The current GST can be confirmed by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs.
- Visit the National Tax Agency website for more information about JCT.
- The current JCT rate can be confirmed by the National Tax Agency.
- Visit the Inland Revenue website for more information about GST.
- The current GST rate listed can be confirmed by the Inland Revenue Department.
- Visit the Norwegian Tax Administration website for more information about VAT.
- The current VAT rate can be confirmed by the Norwegian Tax Administration.
- Visit the General Authority of Zakat & Tax website for more information about VAT, including the current VAT rate.
- Visit the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore website for more information about GST.
- The current GST rate can be confirmed by the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore.
- Visit the South African Revenue Service for more information about VAT and current rates.
- Visit the South Korean National Tax Service for more information about VAT and current VAT rates.
- Visit the Federation Tax Administration of Switzerland website for more information about VAT.
- The current VAT rate can be confirmed by the Swiss FTA.
- Visit the National Taxation Bureau of Taipei website for more information about VAT.
- The current VAT rate can be confirmed by National Taxation Bureau of Taipei.
- Visit the Turkey Revenue Administration for more information on VAT.
- The current VAT rate can be confirmed by consulting this Turkey Taxation System document.
United Arab Emirates
- Visit the UAE Federal Tax Authority website for more information about VAT.
- The current VAT rate can be confirmed by UAE Government.
If you need a copy of a past receipt, you'll find a list of printable copies on your payment history page in the bottom left-hand corner.
The formatting of your receipt will vary depending on your plan and location. The example below is a receipt for a 1-month unlimited subscription in the United Kingdom.
Section 1: Order details
- Order date
- Billing cycle
- Order number
- Payment method and the last four digits of the credit card on file
Section 2: Summary
- Subscription type and price
- Discounts (if applicable)
- Tax rate and cost
- Tax cost at your exchange rate
Meetup Pro subscribers
- Number of groups in your network and group rate
- Credits from a previous plan (if applicable)
- Credits remaining (if applicable)
Section 3: Provided to and provided by
- Receipt provider's name, address, and tax ID number
- Your name and company name (if applicable)
- Your email address, tax ID number, and Meetup's tax exemption form
Section 4: Renewal information
- Subscription renewal and price information
- A link to your organizer subscription page
All organizer subscriptions automatically renew, but your subscription may expire for two reasons:
- You cancel the auto-renewal
- The credit card on file for your subscription is declined
If either of the above happens, your subscription will stay active until its scheduled expiration date. After that, your organizer account will enter a two-week grace period, during which you can always update your payment details to keep your subscription from expiring.
When the grace period ends, you'll be removed as the organizer of your Meetup groups. At that time, we’ll notify co-organizers and assistant organizers of your departure, giving them first dibs to take over your organizer role. After that, we’ll extend the invitation to all group members. Your Meetup group will stay open under a new organizer, but if no one volunteers to lead, it will automatically close after 30 days.
Want to learn more in person. Join the orgaizer network and see if there is a real life Meetup happening around you. There be people who have done this before, ready to help and you can be part of something special.Join the org network