Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO QUALIFY FOR GIVEAWAY.
- Eligibility: Meetup Share Your Story Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is a promotion open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia), 18 years or older at time of entry, who currently have an active (non-blocked, non-deactivated, and non-erased) account on the Meetup platform. Employees, officers, and representatives of Meetup LLC and its parent and affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, officer, or representative are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Sponsor: Meetup LLC, 12 E. 49th St., New York, NY 10017 (“Meetup” or “Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By participating in the Promotion, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Failure to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification from the Promotion and render you ineligible to receive the Giveaway (defined below).
- Timing: The Promotion begins on July 15, 2021 at 9:00am EDT and ends on July 17, 2021 at 11:59pm EDT.
- How to Qualify: By using your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn account (which you can create for free), like the @meetup Promotion post and add a comment tagging one friend and containing an original story written by you about getting back together in person after the 2020/2021 global pandemic. Do not submit a story written by or about someone else. Your entry must comply with Meetup’s social media community standards. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any posts, and disqualify any entries, that violate these standards or that are otherwise offensive or inappropriate. No purchase, entry fee, or payment is necessary to participate in the Promotion. No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Entries must be submitted no later than July 17, 2021 at 11:59pm EDT. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Limit of one entry across all social media channels per active Meetup account. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information by entrants; lost entries or transmissions; interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections; scrambled transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic, technical malfunctions of the computer hardware, software, or any combination thereof; or problems associated with any virus or any other damage caused to entrants’ systems. Incomplete entries will be voided. Entries using false or another person’s contact information, using another person’s social media account, or otherwise submitted in violation of these Terms and Conditions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- Promotion Giveaway: Qualifying entrants will receive one (1) IRL essentials gift pack, containing items such as Sponsor-branded buttons and stickers, hand sanitizer, and sunscreen, to be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion (the “Giveaway”). Approximate retail value: $5. Sponsor may also feature qualifying entrants’ stories on Sponsor’s Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn accounts. No cash or other substitution, assignment, or transfer of Giveaway permitted except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the Giveaway or a Giveaway component with another of comparable or greater value. Giveaway recipient is solely responsible for any taxes or similar charges associated with Giveaway receipt and/or use.
- Contacting Qualifying Entrants: Sponsor will notify qualifying entrants of eligibility for the Giveaway via the social media platform used to submit the entry. If a qualifying entrant cannot be reached or does not acknowledge notification within two (2) days of the first notification attempt, the Giveaway will be forfeited.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to provide the Giveaway only to eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Inc. or Facebook, Inc.
- Content Ownership and Indemnification: By submitting a Promotion entry, entrant represents and warrants that entrant owns all right, title, and interest in the submitted story content and that Sponsor’s posting, distribution, publication, or other use of the story content does not violate the publicity rights, contract rights, copyrights, other intellectual property rights, or any other rights of any third party (“Third-Party Rights”). Entrant will, at entrant’s sole expense, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, or agents from and against all damages, costs, losses, liabilities, obligations, claims, demands, suits, actions, investigations, proceedings, causes of action, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising out of or relating to a claim that entrant’s story content or Sponsor’s posting, distribution, publication, or other use of entrant’s story content infringes Third-Party Rights.
- Publicity and Licenses: Except where prohibited, acceptance of the Giveaway constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of entrant’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown, and state for promotional purposes in any media without further notice, right of approval, payment, or consideration. By accepting the Giveaway, entrant also grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right and license (including a waiver of any moral rights) to use host, store, reproduce, modify, publish, publicly display, publicly perform, distribute, and create derivative works of entrant’s story content.
- Release: By entering the Promotion, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless, Sponsor, Instagram, Inc., Facebook, Inc., each of their parents and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any Giveaway.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR OR ITS PARENT AND AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR: (I) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE MALFUNCTIONING OF ANY COMPUTER, CABLE, NETWORK, HARDWARE, OR SOFTWARE; (II) THE UNAVAILABILITY OR INACCESSIBILITY OF ANY TRANSMISSIONS OR TELEPHONE OR INTERNET SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (IV) ELECTRONIC OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; (V) ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ENTRANT’S COMPUTER, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MEETUP.COM WEBSITE OR MEETUP MOBILE APPLICATIONS OR THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS ON THAT SITE OR THOSE APPLICATIONS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR USE OF THE MEETUP WEBSITE AND APPLICATIONS SHALL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or the Giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of the State of New York and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York in respect of any controversy which may arise out of or in relation to this Agreement or its performance, and entrant hereby waives any objections to such jurisdiction and venue; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees or more than $150. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.