Ratings are one way prospective members can get a sense of the experience they might expect if they join a group.
Here are three ways you can get great reviews.
Set clear expectations
Members want to know what will happen at your event. In the event description, be clear about what you’ll be doing.
Instead of saying “we’ll have a drink and watch a movie,” share a short agenda such as:
- 6:30 pm Drinks and getting to know each other at the bar
- 7:00 pm Find our seats in the theater
- 7:30 pm Movie begins
- 9:00 pm Movie ends (meet back at the bar and before ending the evening)
Create an event that your members want to come back to
At Meetup, we believe that the best (events or organizers) make members feel welcome and inspire members to come back. Organizers are responsible for creating that experience for their members. While every organizer has a different style, here are the core components of creating that magic.
- Make members feel welcome from the moment they arrive and thank them for joining your community.
- Introduce members to each other.
- Share expectations at the beginning of the event.
- During the event, give each member the space to participate and contribute.
- Thank your members for joining your event and ask them to join your next event.
Ask for and respond to feedback
Tell your members that you value feedback so that you can improve and integrate their ideas for future events. Your members are more likely to give you feedback if you let them know it is coming.