We’ve been patching up top usability issues and working on making your experience scheduling and managing events smooth and efficient. Find some changes you can discover this month below.
Scheduling an event: Same form, new flexibility
Please note that while we roll out this update, some users will continue to see the old experience.
Introducing an update to your event schedule form that adds flexibility to your settings, and fixes some of the top issues you told us were getting in your way. It’s the same form with a new layout that makes scheduling more efficient and gives you more control of your events where you need it.
Here’s an overview of what’s new:
- Improved layout: It’s faster and easier to schedule an event with the same features on a compact form.
- Custom number of guests: Customize the number of guests per attendee you want to allow, still within a 5 guest limit, so you have more control over your attendance. (Now part of the optional settings below the form.)
- One-click copying of past events: Copy your most recent event in one click instead of creating an event from scratch.
- Easy access to drafts: Access your saved drafts quickly from within the form.
- Simpler event duration: Quickly choose your event end time by selecting an event duration (1.5 hr) instead of specifying a start and end time. (You can still customize an end date and time if you prefer.)
- Better host selection: Use a simple search feature to conveniently select an event host.
- Repeating events: Create recurring events (every week, every month) with designated end dates. (Now part of the optional settings below the form.)
More attendee management tools on your mobile apps
We've introduced more organizer tools to the Meetup mobile apps. Here's what you can now find on Android and iOS.
- Mark members as paid
- Edit guest counts
- Close RSVPs
- Add event hosts from the attendee list
Event cancelation updates
We've improved the features around canceling and deleting events.
- Canceling an event now triggers an automated email to all hosts and RSVPs, so you can be sure the update is clearly communicated with no additional work on your part.
- Now, when you cancel an event, you can choose for it to remain in your event list, appearing with a crossed-out status, or delete it for full removal.