When an organizer schedules a new Meetup event, a photo album for that Meetup is created automatically. All group members can add photos to Meetup albums and can tag other group members in the photos.
If a member has been tagged in a photo and prefers to remove the tag, they’re welcome to do so.
Note: It is not currently possible to tag or untag photos from the Android or iOS apps or from the Mobile website. Members can only tag others and untag themselves from the Desktop website.
To tag a member in a photo:
- Go to the Meetup group’s homepage
- Select Photos and choose the desired album
- Select the photo you want to tag someone in
- Click Tag this photo
- Click on individuals’ faces and type their name into the text box
- Click Done to save your changes
To untag yourself from a photo:
- Go to your group profile for the Meetup group and select Tagged Photos under your profile photo (You can also go directly to the album if you know which photos you’re tagged in).
- Find the photo you want to be untagged from and click Edit tags next to your name
- Under “In this photo” click the x next to your name and then click the x next to your face to confirm the removal