You have great local organizers and you’ve provided them with all the tools they need — how can you ensure their success?
Set clear goals
What do you want your groups to accomplish? Create goals and be clear and direct with your local organizers. Consider using S.M.A.R.T. goals — goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time bound.
Here are some suggestions:
- Host 1 Meetup event per month
- Strive for a certain number of RSVPs per event
- Grow your membership base by a certain percentage by the end of the year
Use your Meetup Pro Analytics tab to help track some of your goals.
Create a rewards system
Once your goals are in place, find a way to reward organizers who achieve them. Not sure how your organizers like to be rewarded? Ask them! This will help you design a clear rewards system that your organizers can work towards.
Ideas for rewards:
- Swag from your organization (shirts, coffee mugs, keychains, etc.)
- Special events (e.g. fun activities, surprise guests, etc.)
- Shoutouts and photos on your social media pages
Provide ongoing support
Create an ongoing support system that your organizers can access after their training is complete.
- Check-in calls: Set up a cadence of personal calls to check in and provide feedback
- Buddy system: Pair your local organizers with a partner to keep each other motivated
Tip: Use the Organizer Performance dashboard in your Analytics tab to easily partner your more active local organizers with those that need more support and coaching
- Slack: Create a Slack workspace with channels where organizers can share ideas and cheer each other on