As an organizer, if you want to decline or return a particular member’s Meetup contribution, you have two options:
- Refund that particular contribution, but keep contributions enabled
- Let the member know you are not accepting the money, and disable all contributions [link to new article - Turn off contributions]
To refund a specific contribution:
- Go to your Meetup group’s page
- Select Manage group
- Choose Manage money
- Under All transactions, find the contribution to refund
- Click the arrow to the right of the payment
- On the next page, confirm the refund by clicking Yes, I’m sure
When the refund is complete, a confirmation banner will appear indicating the contribution was refunded. The member in question will receive an email notification confirming their contribution was refunded.
Can I get a refund for a contribution I made?
All contributions are made in good faith and are generally non-refundable. However, an organizer may choose to refund a contribution at their own discretion.