Note: It is not possible to mute private, one-on-one messages.
If you want to take a break from a group message but don’t want to leave it entirely, muting will disable notifications for that conversation. You’ll still be able to access and reply to the conversation from your Messages; we just won’t alert you when there are updates. When you’re ready to re-enable notifications, you can un-mute a group message at any time.
Desktop & Mobile Web
- From your Messages page, select the group message you wish to mute
- Click on the three dots icon [insert three dots icon] next to the names of the members
- Select Mute from the menu
Android & iOS App
- Tap the bell icon [insert bell icon]
- Tap the group message you’d like to mute (you may have to tap on View all or See all to view the message)
- Tap the three dots icon [insert three dots icon] in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Mute