Successful Meetup groups all start with the same thing: engagement. We want organizers to be able to contact their members quickly and easily to keep them in the loop.
The Contact Members tool helps you to communicate with your members without having to disclose your personal email address, as you would with your group’s mailing list.
To access your Contact Members tool via your desktop or mobile web browser:
- From your Meetup group homepage, select Manage group
- Select Contact members from the drop-down menu
- Under Send this message to, you’ll see the default option is set to email all members in your Meetup group
- Click see more options to choose a specific group instead:
- A custom list
- Members on the mailing list (if your mailing list is enabled)
- Pending members
- Active members
- Inactive members
- Leadership Team
- Members related to a recent or upcoming Meetup (by RSVP status)
While the Contact Members tool supports basic formatting options like bold, italics, and underlining, you can customize your message further by sending it directly from your email client. Sending from your email client also allows you to include attachments, such as the menu of the restaurant hosting your event. To send a customized message, email your message either to your group’s Announce address or mailing list address.
Contacting your members via the Meetup app
While the Contact Members tool isn’t currently available via the Meetup app, you can still communicate with your members by sending a message to your group's Announce or mailing list address directly from your personal email.
Note: When contacting your members via your Announce or Mailing List address on a mobile device, your email must be sent from the email address connected with your Meetup account.
Android and iOS Apps
- From your Meetup group homepage, tap the three dots icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Tap Contact members
- This will launch your device’s preferred email client where you can compose and send your message
To ensure a consistent experience for members, messages sent by email include a subtle gray border and a Meetup logo at the top.
While organizers do have the option of using HTML in their communications to members, for the best results on all devices, we recommend keeping it simple, and ideally text only. Images should be a maximum of 360 pixels wide.