Note: It’s currently only possible to add or edit your interests from your desktop and mobile web browser.
Adding interests to your profile helps us recommend Meetup groups we think you’ll love. We never want to limit you in pursuing your passions or trying new things (quite the opposite, in fact), so we allow you to add as many interests as you’d like.
By default, your interests are displayed on your Meetup profile and on your individual Meetup group profiles. You can hide your interests from your Meetup profile if you don’t want them to be visible to others.
To edit your interests:
- Go to your General Account Settings
- Scroll down to Add interests
- Select a suggested interest, or search for an interest by typing it into the search box to add it to your profile
- Tap your circular profile icon
- Scroll down to Interests
- Search for an interest by typing it into the search box
- Select the interests you want to add to your profile
To remove an interest on Desktop & Mobile Web, tap on the X icon next to the interest.