At Meetup, we believe it takes a swarm to make a difference. Our most successful organizers have built leadership teams to help manage and run their Meetup groups.
Your leadership team can help you effectively manage your group by:
- Welcoming members to each Meetup
- Spreading the word via social media platforms or posting flyers locally
- Managing and tracking member dues
- Planning and scheduling new Meetups
- Taking photos at your Meetup and uploading them to photo albums
- Emailing members about important updates or announcements
In The Organizer Guide, you can learn even more about the benefits of appointing a leadership team for your Meetup group, as well as the various roles you can assign them. By working together, you can grow the success of your Meetup beyond what you could accomplish alone.
Note: It is currently only possible to assign leadership roles on the desktop web version of Meetup.
To assign one of your members a leadership role:
- From your Meetup group’s homepage, select Members
- Search for the member you would like to assign
- Click the arrow icon next to their name
- Click Manage member roles from the drop-down menu
- Select the role you'd like to give the member (co-organizer, assistant organizer, or event organizer)
- Be sure to click Submit to confirm your new leadership team member
Already have a leadership team, but have a member who would love to volunteer to help out? You don’t have to assign them a permanent role starting out. If you’d like to have a member assist you with a specific Meetup event but don’t wish to give them a recurring leadership role, you can instead appoint them as an event host.
Need more inspiration for your Meetup? Check out The Organizer Guide.