If you’ve paid for member dues or event tickets, you can request a refund from your group organizer. Refunds are issued at the discretion of the organizer who collected the funds. Be sure to reach out to them with questions.
To request a refund from the group organizer:
- Click on your Profile icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Open the Payments Made tab
- Locate the transaction in question and select Contact organizer for refund
- Enter the necessary information following the prompts
Mobile Web- Click on your Profile icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Settings and choose All Transactions
- Locate the transaction in question and tap the Arrow icon next to it
- Tap Contact organizer for refund
Our Payment Resolution Center can be used to help facilitate a conversation if a dispute arises about any type of payment made on our platform, including cash payments. We hope that creating a space for members and organizers to communicate about these issues can help resolve them more quickly.
The Payment Resolution Center is currently not accessible from the Android and iOS apps.
Meetup can only issue a refund in certain situations, and only if a member has used our preferred payment processor, WePay, to make the payment in question. Disputes regarding payments made off of Meetup, in cash, or using a third-party payment processor cannot be mediated by Meetup.
For more information, please see our Payment Policies.
If your refund request is declined by an organizer, you have a few options:
If you paid using WePay, you can contact the Meetup Community Support team. When doing so, please provide the following information:
- A link to the group in question
- A link to the profile page of the organizer
- Any relevant correspondence that took place via the Meetup platform
- Any relevant correspondence that took place outside the Meetup platform
If you paid using PayPal, you need to reach out to PayPal's support team for assistance.
Please know that Meetup reserves the right to process refunds for member dues, ticketing, and other monetary transactions on the site, if the evidence provided clearly shows that expectations have not been met.
If you have questions about requesting or processing refunds of member dues, please contact us directly.