Note: It’s currently only possible to change your email address via the desktop web version of Meetup.
To update your email address:
- Click on your profile icon
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Click edit next to your email address
- Enter your new email address and password
- Click Save
When you change your email address, we send the verification email to your new email address, and you’ll need to click the link we sent to confirm it’s you. If you’re having trouble clicking the link in the email, try copying and pasting it into your web browser’s address bar. If you don’t see the verification email in your inbox, check your spam and trash folders.
What if I registered for Meetup using my Facebook or Google account?
When you register for Meetup through Facebook or Google, you will not be given a password. In order to update your email address, you’ll first need to set up your Meetup password.
To create a Meetup password:
- From your Account Settings page, click edit next to the password field
- Click Forgot your password?
- Enter your email address
- Click Submit
- Check your email inbox for the password reset email
- Follow the prompts in the password reset email
Once your password is created, you can update your email address using the steps above.
If you no longer have access to your Facebook account or Google email address, log into your account and contact us below. In your message, let us know the current email address on your account and the new email address you would like to connect. We’ll take it from there.