Creating a good web address can be tricky. Here are some tips to help you create a great URL for your Meetup group.
- Incorporate the purpose and location of your Meetup group
- Put dashes between words instead of combining them all into one word; this will help search engines find it
- Keep your web address between 6-70 characters
- Only use letters, numbers, and dashes (no punctuation or special characters)
- Don’t include topic names alone (e.g., singles, pets, politics, etc.) or only cities/states (ex: New York, London)
- Don’t use a name of a Meetup group that has already been taken
- Feeling indecisive? You can change your web address at any time.
To change your Meetup Group's web address:
- From your Meetup group's homepage, select Manage group
- Select Edit group settings
- Click on Basics
- Scroll to the Where section and find Keep this or create a custom address.
- Enter the new web address you’ve created in the field (our system will check and display whether it's available for use)
- Once you’ve chosen an available address, click Submit to save the changes