Deactivating an account is a permanent action and cannot be undone. If you decide to join Meetup in the future, you’ll need to create a new account.
To deactivate your account, you must log in to Meetup on a desktop browser.
Deactivate an account
- Navigate to your Settings page.
- Scroll down and select Deactivate your Meetup account.
- If you’re an organizer with active groups, follow the instructions to step down as the organizer of your groups or close your groups.
- Enter your Meetup password. (If you need to reset your password, make sure you enter the email address associated with your account. You can find that email address on your Settings page.)
- Click Submit to confirm.
Deactivate an account created on Google or Facebook
If you created your Meetup account through Google or Facebook, you will need to create a Meetup password before you can deactivate your account. Once you’ve created a Meetup password, follow the instruction above.
Create a Meetup password
- Navigate to the password reset page.
- Enter the email address you use for Google or Facebook.
- Click Submit and you will receive an email with instructions to create a Meetup password.
Data protection rights