Deactivating an account is a permanent action and cannot be undone. If you decide to join Meetup in the future, you’ll need to create a new account.
To deactivate your account, log in to Meetup on a desktop or mobile web browser.
Deactivate an account
- Navigate to your Settings page.
- Scroll down and select Deactivate your Meetup account.
- If you’re an organizer with active groups, follow the instructions to step down as the organizer of your groups or close your groups.
- Enter your Meetup password.
- Click Submit to confirm.
Deactivate an account created on Google or Facebook
If you created your Meetup account through Google or Facebook, you will need to create a Meetup password before you can deactivate your account. Once you’ve created a Meetup password, follow the instruction above.
Create a Meetup password
- Navigate to the password reset page.
- Enter the email address you use for Google or Facebook.
- Click Submit and you will receive an email with instructions to create a Meetup password.
Data protection rights