Having a cover photo is a quick simple way to brand your group. Having a cover photo will help your group be more appealing to potential members.
For best results, you should choose a photo in JPG, PNG, or non-animated GIF format with a 16:9 ratio. The ideal dimensions for a group cover photo are 1200 x 675; if the photo is not at least 1200 x 675 pixels, you will not be able to upload it. The file size limit is 10MB.
If you’re setting your cover photo for the first time, you must set it from desktop web.
- Go to your group’s homepage
- If you’re just starting out and don’t have any group photos yet, select Upload a photo
- If you already have group photos, select Change photo
- Here you can either Choose from existing or Upload a photo if you want something new
- Choose your new cover photo and be sure to Save your changes
- Navigate to your group's page.
- Tap Change photo.
- Tap Upload a photo or Choose from existing.
- Choose your photo, crop it accordingly, add a caption, and tap Finish to confirm.