When you turn on member dues or event fees, Meetup automatically creates a WePay account for you. WePay is Meetup’s integrated payment system for organizers in the United States. If you’re located outside of the U.S., set up a PayPal account.
You need to verify your WePay account within 30 days or any payment made during that time will be refunded.
Verifying your WePay account
If you’re the organizer of more than one Meetup group, you’ll need to complete these steps for each group that you organize.
Desktop / Mobile web
- Navigate to your group’s Money page.
- Select Go to WePay. You will be redirected to WePay’s site.
- Log into WePay using your Meetup email address and password, then click Log in. (Do not click “Sign up.”)
- On the next screen, click Verify now.
- Follow the steps to enter your personal and bank account information. When you click Finish, you will be returned to your group’s homepage.
WePay follows industry standard data security protocols to protect your information. WePay is a certified Level 1 PCI Compliant Service Provider, which requires an annual independent security audit of their processes and systems.
A small transaction fee is taken from the total amount an organizer charges per ticket. WePay receives 2.8% + $0.30 of each payment. Meetup receives 4.7% + $0.20 of each payment.