Note: Member dues and event fees can only be refunded via desktop web.
Meetup and WePay make it easy for organizers to refund members dues and event fees. Plus, they’ll always refund 100% of your transaction fees when you need to return payment to a member.
If the transaction is under 90 days old:
- Go to your Meetup group's homepage
- Select Manage group and choose Manage money
- Scroll down to All transactions and find the payment you need to refund
- Select the arrow to the right of the transaction
- Select Yes, I'm sure to confirm the refund
If the transaction is over 90 days old, you will need to issue the refund from your WePay account:
- From your Meetup’s Manage money page, click Go to WePay and log in to WePay
- Click the name of the Meetup group associated with the payment you'd like to refund
- Choose a specific transaction, or click View all transactions to search a specific date range
- Click on the transaction you want to refund
- In the Transaction Details that appear, click Issue Refund; you'll be directed to a confirmation page where you can Confirm Refund.
All refunds issued through Meetup and WePay will appear on your Meetup group's Manage money page.