You’re in. It’s time to make IRL plans.
What are you loving right now? What do you want to do? Your first Meetup is where you make it happen.
The steps to scheduling a Meetup are easy, so keep your momentum going and get something on the calendar. Find inspiration from your surroundings, other Meetup groups, or ask your new members if they have any cool ideas. Getting them involved from the beginning creates trust, and they’ll be more likely show up when the time comes.
First events don’t need to be hiking Mt. Everest. It’s fine to keep it low-key while you’re still getting to know each other.
- Select Schedule from your Meetup group’s homepage
- Name your Meetup (be clear and concise!)
- Select when the Meetup will start
- Pick where you’ll be — you can choose from your fav venues or look up a different one
- Upload a photo (choose something that captures the spirit of your Meetup!)
- Let your members know what will happen, what to bring, how they’ll find you, etc.
- Decide who will be hosting
- Select Schedule
- Select Announce Meetup — your members will receive an email encouraging them to attend!