Checklist: After your Meetup
You did it. What’s next?
1. Thank everyone!
- Send personal messages and ask for feedback. Use event comments or discussions to start conversations.
2. Update attendance.
- If anyone was a No Show, follow up and let them know they were missed! Keep a positive attitude and invite them to your next Meetup.
3. Schedule the next Meetup.
- Get something on the calendar ASAP. If you don’t have the next one scheduled already, ask members to contribute ideas. Encourage people to RSVP while you’re talking in real life.
4. Notify everyone about what’s next.
- Send a mailing list message with any updates.
5. Consider feedback.
- Find out what everyone loved and what could be better next time. Was there too much coding and not enough coffee? Reevaluate and brainstorm on how to improve.