Checklist: Before your Meetup event
Are you ready for your event? Here’s five things to check off before you meet.
1. Create an agenda
- Set a clear schedule in your group description. If the group has set activities, note when members need to arrive. If it’s more of an open social hour, let people know.
2. Secure a venue
- Find some venue options. Contact management with your questions, and check if your members need specific accommodations.
3. Send an message to those who said they’re coming.
- Rely on your regulars — don’t be shy about asking them to help out.
- Reach out personally to newcomers — developing a rapport encourages them to show up.
4. Gather your supplies
- Make signs, prepare name tags, and ensure you have everything else you need for your event to be successful.
5. Welcome everyone
- Get there early and greet people as they arrive. Introduce them to each other, and ask them thoughtful questions.
You’re ready! Let’s do this.